Friday, January 26, 2007

The Scientific Case Against Amalgam

Dental amalgam has been controversial ever since it was introduced, early in the nineteenth century, because of its mercury content. People of the Napoleonic era knew full well that mercury was poisonous, and the best that anyone has ever claimed about amalgam is that the mercury exposure may be too small to hurt anyone. Over time, though, a great body of evidence has accumulated showing that mercury is release from amalgam in significant quantities, that it spreads around the body, including from mother to fetus, and that the exposure causes physiological harm.

Full Article in Adobe Acrobat format from link:

1 comment:

haasman said...

According to a DAMS survey, more than 95% of people who had their amalgam fillings removed/replaced reported an improvement in memory afterwards. Mercury is more toxic than arsenic. Mercury vapor reacted with other compounds in the body and was a neurotoxin that damaged the brain and nervous tissue.

One may find lists of symptoms of mercury poisoning online.